Swedish knitting phenom Ivar Asplund learned how to work cables from his grandmother and was smitten right away―such marvelously intricate designs, and yet at their heart the underlying principles were so simple. A few stitches trading places here and there, and suddenly flowing braids, interwoven figures of eight, or classic x-and-o patterns came to life before his eyes.
In this compelling collection, available for the first time in English with US terminology and measurements, Asplund invites knitters to join him in exploring the possibilities, combining his grandmother’s well-loved lessons in time-tested cabling techniques with the exquisite simplicity of modern Scandinavian style:
- Over 20 projects, ranging from sweaters, cardigans, and ponchos to scarves, wrist warmers, and hats–for children and adults.
- Attractive patterns showing off a balance of historic and modern elements, designed for superior fit.
- Step-by-step pattern instructions to guide novice cablers through straightforward reversible projects and eye-catching cable repeats.
- Larger, more complex garments with multiple cable patterns to let veterans test their skills.
- A tutorial section that explains the fundamentals of working and combining cables in any design to achieve a variety of striking effects.